July ~ The Siege at Vicksburg
I really love the fabrics in this one! I thought the triangles would kill me, but I did ok. I think if I had spread it out over the month, I would've gotten tired of them. I think just diving in was the best approach for me this month.
This block was the most labor-intensive so far and I wonder if it is coincidence that the history that came with it is also about a long, difficult period in the Civil War. Southerns who chose not to leave their homes in this area dug (or paid people to dig) caves for them to live in while the North attacked. They chose to live in holes in the sides of hills with only candles while they listened to their homes being attacked.
Now it is on to practicing my machine quilting skills. eek!

Wow, I'm impressed! Looks great. Isn't it nice to have it done?
ReplyDelete